Why I Love my Home Green - Our Daily Green

Friday, March 26, 2010

Why I Love my Home Green

Nature is spectacular this morning!

Today's post is merely a way to share the beauty of this planet we call home. Last night, when it was snowing, my first reaction was dismay. Not so this morning.

Look at the defiant robin in a tree, daring winter to dampen his announcement of Spring.


Or consider the (I am blanking on what they are called, readers?)
*weed* in a blanket of snow standing proud.

The flag flutters in the breeze reminding us that national pride isn't seasonal, it's a way of life.

And I look to the west and see nothing but beautiful blue skies, waiting for the daily visit from the sun at the end of a long journey.

It's a beautiful day to love our home. What is your favorite season?


1 comment :

ConsciouslyFrugal said...

I miss seasons. I know we technically have them here in SoCal, but not really. I miss the buzzing heat of summer, the quiet blue and white of winter, the hope of spring, the changing colors of the fall. I used to say that spring was my favorite, because new life and birdsong filled my eyes and ears. CA is pretty much in a perpetual state of spring, although the birdsong has been replaced by traffic.

But now? I would love to see a blanket of trees in the fall back in MO or hear the crunch of the snow beneath my feet. Oy.